Kirsty describes how, despite having a good upbringing and supportive family, feeling lonely and anxious as a child. She felt distressed but didn't understand what was happening to her. She reflects on the importance of listening to your body.
Mind has more information on understanding what's happening to you.
YoungMinds have advice for both young people and those caring for young people.
- I didn't know what was happening
- You can go into this blackhole
- The anxiety underneath was so much to bear
- I personally have a faith
- Don't be frightened to make huge changes in your life
- The islands are changing
- We have to become very resilient
- Now I've found the balance
- Take that first step