Healthcare for UK Pensioners Visiting Scotland (Factsheet)
If you live abroad and you receive a UK state pension or a UK war pension, this factsheet explains how you can get NHS care while you're in Scotland.
Healthcare for UK pensioners visiting Scotland
Included in this factsheet:
- I receive a UK state pension and I live abroad. Can I get healthcare from the NHS when I visit Scotland?
- I receive a UK state pension but I live abroad all or most of the time. Will I be able to get healthcare from the NHS when I visit Scotland?
- What happens if I need treatment?
- Can my family get healthcare from the NHS?
- I receive a war pension. Do the same rules apply to me?
- What to do if you're feeling unwell
British Sign Language (BSL) version
09 July 2019
How can we improve this page?
Help us improve NHS inform
Feedback Alert Title